SR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Nashville, TN US
- Perform engineering work, including analysis, studies, and design, including:
- Industrial power system design.
- Power quality analysis.
- Configuring and setting of microprocessor-based relays like SEL, GE Multilin, etc
- Developing one-lines, three-lines, and control schematics.
- Remotely assist technicians troubleshoot switchgear and relay controls schematics.
- Conduct short-circuit, protective device coordination and arc-flash studies.
- Train and work closely with Engineers 0-3 years experience.
- Review and approve ongoing and completed engineering work; ensure that deadlines are met, and work is completed with accuracy and high quality.
- Make occasional onsite visits to customer sites and/or interact with customers to gather critical information, resolve project issues, customer concerns, and review engineering plans
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience with relevant power systems studies or design.
- Must have experience with low and medium voltage equipment.
- Experience with Schweitzer (SEL), Basler, GE, ABB, Siemens is a plus
- Previous supervisory or project leadership experience a plus.
- SKM, ETAP, Easypower
- PowerAnalyze, Dranview
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- All offers are conditioned on acceptable results from a background check and drug and alcohol screening.
- Must have a valid driver s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be available for occasional overnight domestic travel.
- If applying for position, must be eligible to work in the U.S. Without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.