Carrollton, TX US
RPC COMPANY is seeking a Parts Specialist to join our team. This position will be responsible for inventory management, order entry, and other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will have experience in a fast-paced retail environment and be able to work independently. This position will also be responsible for assisting in the inventory control process.
Under limited direction and supervision, support successful day-to-day operations of Maintenance and Manufacturing through effective tracking, administration and coordination of activities related to the acquisition and replenishment of MRO, raw materials, packaging and services. Proactively manage time and resources to prevent operational disruptions.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of the Maintenance department to include maintaining calendars, scheduling appointments, preparing correspondence, meeting minutes, data entry and file maintenance. Prepare reports, spreadsheets, presentations and other miscellaneous documents and reports upon request.
· Negotiate with vendors and suppliers to obtain price quotes and order parts and materials for plant repairs.
· Support timely replenishment of raw materials, ingredients and packaging. Review purchase requests, determine appropriate buy channel (SAP, SRM, P-Card); create purchase requisitions, Outline Agreement releases; place orders in SRM.
· Audit contractor invoices. Match proof of delivery to service invoices. Enter service entries into SAP. Process FAMR Fixed Asset Movement Records for maintenance. Track accumulated cost on Work Orders for transfer to capital.
· Submit orders/releases to suppliers, prepare receiving paperwork, schedule deliveries, monitor receiving accuracy, resolve delivery issues, resolve problems and material standards issues.
· Work with accounting on inventory reconciliation activities and variances; report discrepancies; request batch adjustments, etc.
· Monitor requisition/order status. Troubleshoot, expedite, and resolve issues as needed. Escalate to Supply Manager before supply disruptions negatively impact plant operations.
· Utilize MRO Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to create accurate and timely requisitions for MRO inventory replenishment. Expedite MRO materials as needed to support Maintenance requirements.
· Communicate with DuPont Service Center India (DSCI), Wilmington Service Center (WSC), suppliers, storeroom, receiving, warehouse, maintenance, lab, contract administrators, accounting, sourcing as needed.
· Request new vendor set-up and vendor master updates in SAP, collect documentation required by the Vendor Master Group, monitor vendor set-up accuracy, request error corrections as needed.
· Backup storeroom manager and Capital Engineering support roles as needed.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in purchasing or supply chain.
· Minimum 2+ years of experience with SAP.
· Must have strong experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn other application quickly (SRM, Oracle).
· High level of self-motivation, initiative and ability to work independently.
· Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and follow-through on assigned tasks effectively.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with internal customers, corporate offices and suppliers.
· Minimum HS Graduate or equivalent GED.
· Preferred candidate will have Associate s degree in Business or Supply Management.