Check Collector- Irving, TX
Check Collector – Irving, TX
RPC Staffing has some amazing opportunities to get you to work as soon as this week!
About RPC Staffing
RPC Staffing is a veteran-owned staffing agency that helps put people to work across the United States. We are a Veteran Owned Small Business; HUB Certified staffing company; a proud member of the Association of the United States Army & American Staffing Association; and a four-time winner of Clearly Rated’ s Best of Staffing award.
Why Work for RPC?
- Easy hiring process with a fun team
- Temp, Temp-to-Hire and Direct Hire Opportunities
- Pay Checks Every Friday
- Health Insurance
The Check Collector manages and solicits payments from customers/Makers on an assigned portfolio of returned checks. This position reports to an assigned Director or Supervisor/Team Leader.
- Makes and receives telephone calls to/from customers/Makers as needed to maintain customer service expectations along with minimum assigned daily/monthly quotas.
- Identifies and verifies customer/Maker demographics, contact data and identifies reason for return.
- Persuade obligors to pay past due amounts and/or makes arrangements for future payments within FDCPA guidelines.
- Successfully complete FDCPA interactive training and testing on an annual basis.
- Documents and notates cases of collection activity and content.
- Meet or exceed the department quota for the number of items/cases worked, cash collections, overall collection percentages, call volume and QA averages.
- Researches item history, ACH transactions, customer disputes, posting errors, and submits corrections accordingly.
- Reviews history of returned items and investigates the facts, including receiving and verifying documentation, to determine if an item is related to forgery and submits those requests timely to Loss Prevention for coding appropriately.
- Works assigned scheduled hours within the general department hours of 7: 00 am – 7: 00 pm Monday through Friday. 2 Saturday’ s required a month 8am-11am.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Team Leader, or Director of Collections.
- High school or equivalent training. Requires two or more years of related experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess general computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Ability to operate automated collection system if needed.
- The Regular Check Collector is required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch, use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, reach with arms and hands, and to have appropriate vision to see up close, and at a distance with ability to adjust vision and focus.
- May require as much as 10-12 hours overtime.
Who Are We?
RPC Staffing is a Nationwide staffing firm, located in Dallas, TX, Fort Worth, TX, Denver, CO and Springfield, MO. RPC was founded in 2002 as a firm that combines a hands-on approach with industry expertise and national reach. We are a Veteran Owned Small Business; HUB Certified staffing company; a proud member of the Association of the United States Army & American Staffing Association; one of Dallas Business Journal’ s Top Hispanic Owned Companies; an INC. 5000 America’ s Fastest-Growing Private Company; a four-time winner of Clearly Rated’ s Best of Staffing award; and one of Forbes’ America’ s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.